Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gonzales - house progress

Since Mel has forgotten about her blog, I hacked it again and decided to post some things.

We finally closed on our house in Gonzales on May 28th and it has been a construction project since then. How can I be PC about this... the previous owners' decorative tastes were not what Mel and I necessarily like. The first course of action was painting the walls in the bathroom to get rid of the lime green with ladybug trim. Yes...that is correct. We then tackled the kitchen and removed the wall paper and painted the cabinets white with green tea walls. Sounds elegant, but we still have the hideous brown 1975 model sink. I can't believe people back then thought that looked good. I guess in 30 years, they will say the same about our decor now. We disliked the living room walls and the paint scheme in the hallways, so I floated the lines in the paneling making the wall smooth. Next i textured the walls in the living room with my brother's texturing gun. It turned out to be a light Monterrey finish. I think it is ok for my 1st time. We also decided that the carpet in the living room and halls was beyond salvaging, so I ripped it out and we got ole Steve from Gonzales building center coming next week with new tile and carpet. I have to have the walls finished and the entryway that I want to move done by next Wed. so I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Come by in a couple weeks and the house will look 100% better. :)

we'll slap up some before and after pix soon.

bobby

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I can't wait to see picutres. It sounds like your own personal show on HGTV!