Sunday, November 16, 2008

Good Weekend

Bobby and I had a good weekend. On Friday night, I headed over to Shiner (well actually Dreyer) to spend some time with my girls from New Braunfels. Kaci's grandmother has a place there. When I got there, Kaci, Ida, Amanda, and Bobbie already had the campfire going strong. Maggie followed me there from Gonzales. We hung out by the fire for a while until the norther blew in. We put the fire out due the the wind and moved our party to the garage. We played drinking games and talked and ate to our hearts content. It was so great to catch up with these girls and to meet Bobbie for the first time. She is awesome just like my friends by the way. Everytime I get together with them, it is like we were never apart. I am sad that Patty and Tami weren't able to come because I miss them too, but I am glad that Saura is ok. On Saturday, Ida and Maggie left early and the rest of us played games (Skip-Bo, Chickenfoot, Phase 10, Asshole) literally all day. We had a blast just chillin with each other.
While I was hanging with the girls all weekend, Bobby was slaving away at our house. He made some great progress on our dining room this weekend. He has the new opening cut in the wall between the dining room and the living room and he had it painted with the color we had picked out. We had a little setback with the paint and we repainted it again today. I don't know what the deal is with us and picking out paint colors...but they NEVER look like we think they will. We have painted almost everything twice since we moved into this house and the dining room proved to be no exception. We were going for a Golden/mustard yellow-ish color and the first try looked VERY orange. Don't get me wrong...I love orange...but not on our dining room walls. The new color is PERFECT and now all Bobby needs to do is to get up the trim/crown molding and put the floor in. Hopefully it will be finished this week.
Bob and I had lunch at Mom's today with my mom and Damon. My mom made meatloaf and that is one of Bobby's favorite things that she cooks and she always invites us over when she cooks it...Yummy.
We are now watching the Cowboys game...hopeful that they will win!
Tomorrow I want to tell you all about a new 'project' I am going to begin. It involves a very personal issue of mine that I continue to struggle with. I am going to blog about it only to help hold me accountable.
I hope you have all had a good weekend too with your families and friends.

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I know how you feel about paint colors. We meant to paint our bedroom this perfect "storm cloud" grey-blue, but it turned out to be "we're having a boy" blue. Oh well. We were in no mood to re-paint it, so we're stuck with blue instead of grey.

Jenny Popp said...

I hate painting! I found this out while I painted our house. I've got several unfinished rooms that I really want finished, but can't bring myself to do it.

Can't wait to hear about your plan tomorrow.