Monday, November 10, 2008

I'M BACK!!!

Hello Friends!
I am attempting to get back into the blogging world. I ran into Jenny (Chumchal) Popp this weekend at her grandfather's 85th birthday party. Her grandpa is Bobby's Great uncle. Her blog is one of the blogs I stalk at http://nickandjenny.blogspot.com/ . She reminded me that I need to get back on the blogging horse. Honestly, I have so much fun reading other peoples blogs that I don't remember to update my own. Bobby and I have been very, very busy lately. We have something going on nearly every weekend and, when we don't, we are trying to get our house 'finished.' I am learning that when owning a home, one is never really 'finished!' We have decided to host Thanksgiving at our home this year for Bobby's mom's side of the family. I am really excited. It will be fun to show off our home and host a major holiday. Ok Ok...I know that those of you who really know me are about falling off of your chair laughing so hard at the prospect of ME having any part in hosting a Holiday feast of any kind. Its ok...it doesn't hurt my feelings (too bad). I assure you all that I have it all figured out. I have Bobby's grandma cooking the turkey at her house and bringing it here and Bob's mom Linda is going to make the dressing and bring it here and Bob's grandpa and uncle always fry a turkey so I am sure they will have that under control. I figure Bob and I can handle the rest..we can make a few sides...warm up some canned veggies--green beans, corn, etc.--- in the microwave. My grandma taught me how to make this yummy dessert a few weeks ago--her mississippi mud pie-- so I am certain that I can get that accomplished. I also bought a few desserts from the Schwanns man today when he stopped by the office--a yummy looking chocolate pie thing that I only have to defrost and a pecan pie that I will actually have to bake--but he assured me that I could handle it. (I don't think he knows me very well. See...don't doubt me...I told you I had it all handled right?
In order to get ready for Thankgiving, Bob is taking on one of our biggest remodeling projects to date-the dining room! I am convinced that we need this done before Thanksgiving because you need it to eat in! He really is a good carpenter and I can't wait to show you all the pics when he is done. We bought a new ( to us) dining room table this weekend at a resale shop here in Gonzales. So we are almost all set.
In other news, work is going well. I am really enjoying Gonzales and being so close to our families.
Halloween weekend I went to Canton with my mom, sister, cousin Tiff, 2 aunts and family friends to get started on some holiday shopping. This is our 4th year to do this and it was so fun again. I bought a few Christmas presents and got some cute stuff for the house. I have a few pics from our Canton weekend that I will post as soon as I get them uploaded to my computer.

I am excited for this coming weekend. All my girls from the office I worked at in New Braunfels are coming to Shiner for the weekend. One of the girls, Kaci, has her grandmother's house there and they come down once a year for a 'campout.' I miss these girls more than I can ever express and I can't wait to spend some time with them! I will let you know how the weekend went and hopefully have some pics to share with you! I know, I know....you are thinking...yea right Melanie....you haven't posted in 4 months and now you think we will believe you when you say you will post again soon. I know...you'll believe it when you see it. I promise to keep you updated more often.
Mel

3 comments:

Amanda RH said...

Yay! That sounds like so much fun. I bet everything will turn out perfectly! Hope you guys have a safe and fun Thanksfiving.

Jocelyn said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're blogging again. You need to post some pictures of your house and all that y'all have done to it. And good luck on Thanksgiving!

Jenny Popp said...

Glad that I talked you into blogging again! You'll definitely have to take pics of the Thanksgiving feast. I'd do the same thing you are doing.